Today, a friend who is going with me to this year’s Relevant Conference asked me,” Now, why will Relevant be a good thing for me?” I thought of a number of reasons off-hand but for each of you, there will be different benefits you will take away from your time at Relevant.
- You will be spiritually challenged by the speakers.
- You will learn from the seminars how to improve some aspects of your blogging skills.
- You will make new friends among other bloggers, authors and sponsors…and be challenged by their lives in conversation.
- You will be exposed to opportunities with sponsors as well as networking opportunities with bloggers.
- You may find yourself drinking lots of coffee. (Not really a plus for this tea drinker, but I put it here for information!)
- You will have opportunities to converse with lots of bloggers from all over the US…and this year I think we’ll have some international attendees. Take advantage of all the different people you can meet. Sit with different groups of people and enjoy the variety. Be encouraged by the way God has worked in their lives as well as yours.
Enter giveaways if they are things you want to win. Attend blog/twitter parties and events that interest you. (Denise has one here!) All these things will help you get to “know” a few people and faces so that when you get to Relevant and start seeing people, you will feel like you are meeting up with old friends for the first time:)
Take chances! Have fun! Be friendly. Enjoy and accept the friendliness of others. I entered a modeling contest (in writing:) last year that I won (one of 5) before the conference. It was a lot of fun. I was not the most beautiful model, but the oldest. (It was what it was!) When the photos came back, I realized I was more overweight than I thought. Now I’m on weight-watchers…but that is a story for another day!