Have you ever noticed how life moves along at the same pace for awhile
Until BAM! an event drops into your life that marks it forever in ways
You know it will never be the same?Have you ever noticed how life moves along at the same pace until BAM! an event drops into your life that marks it… Click To Tweet
Sometime they are joyful events:
- For me, they were my graduation from nurses’ training,
- Our wedding, almost 47 years ago.
- The birth of our first daughter alive!, and each daughter after her!
- the birth of our first grandchild…and each successive one!
- Our arrival in Jamaica in 1971. I never dreamed how my life would be changed by living there!
But there were many events that took the sameness of my life and changed it
In dramatic ways! stop
- The news that our first child had died in utero at the age of 8 months gestation.
- The sudden death of my father while I was living in Jamaica from a heart attack at age 54.
- The news of the 9/11 attack called to me by phone from my daughter who lived in New York City at the time. And the relief to know that her husband had observed the hit while at work, but was not in the buildings hit.
- The relief as I called my brother, an American Airlines pilot at the time, who normally flew out of Kennedy airport in New York City. As he answered my phone call with “I’m off today.” my stomach relaxed, my heart slowed down, the tension in my head eased. He was okay.
These are just a few times the sameness in my life was interrupted. I had to stop and think about my life and where it was heading. What values was I concentrating on? What things was I ignoring?
Where did my sameness need to become different? Maybe different in a drastic way?Where did my sameness need to become different? ...maybe different in a drastic way? Click To Tweet
It is no accident when these events come into our lives. GOD has good purposes in them.
They stop us dead in our tracks and make us consider our ways.
What direction are we going? Is that the way we truly want to be going?
These are the times we stop and consider. This is often the atmosphere where our lives change.
Sometimes, we are even transformed!These are the times we stop & consider. This is often the atmosphere where our lives change. Sometimes, we are… Click To Tweet
Do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that by testing you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and acceptable and perfect.
For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you
not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think,
but to think with sober judgment,
each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.